The Operations Data Analyst is a key member of the operations team that owns data management for the company and understands all process flows of the business. This position holds their finger on the pulse of the business and relays issues/observations to management and offers solutions to problems while considering the impact across the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops solutions by identifying issues, defining resolution requirements, analyzing
solutions & system capabilities, preparing system specifications, creating workflows and documenting procedures.
- Works with IT, Marketing and Sales Departments to optimize data analysis to consistently produce accurate, comprehensible reporting.
- Works with Finance department to assist in compiling ROI analysis as well as ad hoc financial analysis.
- Developsand documents workflows to increase revenue.
- Analyzes data of current procedures for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identifies deficiencies and areas for improvement and redesign.
- Applies statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze & improve current procedures.
- Recommends strategies, develops new procedures and implements new processes, policies & protocols with quantifiable measures of success.
- Researches market & industry trends and patterns
- Updates department processes based on knowledge of direction of current industry standards and best practices.
- Performs operations analysis for all technologies and projects.
- Prepares detailed reports of workflow research, measures and improvements.
- Conductsinvestigative internal audits and createsreports of findings.
- Provide statistical analysis and supporting documentation to C-level executives for presentations including board meetings & reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbal.
- Able to analyze large, complex data sets using a variety of software and tools.
- Understands database structure principles and comfortable with database administration, validating data and consistently adhering to best practices.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Comfortable writing MySQL queries.
- Experience writing PHP scripts a huge plus.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into intelligible reporting that can assist in management decision making.
- Pays strict attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interaction with all levels of management.
- Must have strong excel experience specifically with building reports and assembling data from multiple sources.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university in statistics, business, data management, operations research, or related field; Master’s degree in operations research or related field preferred; or 5 plus years as an Operations Data Analyst, in an Operation, Financial or Research Analyst role, or in a related position.